Arborio rice is traded out for long grain white rice for this risotto. The results...just as creamy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring broth and 2 cups water to a bare simmer over medium.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium. Add onion and carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in rice. Add wine; cook, stirring, until absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add 2 cups hot broth, simmer over medium-low, stirring frequently, until mostly absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Continue to add broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, until absorbed before adding more. Cook until rice is creamy and just tender, about 20 minutes (you may not need all the broth).
- 4Rmove risotto from heat. Stir in Parmesan and 1 tablespoon butter, and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan-Carrot Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 276.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g