Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple, rustic spread great on crackers, toast or fresh bread. All you need is a bowl and wooden spoon. Please refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavours to develop. Australian measurements used.
- 250 g light cream cheese, softened
- 50 g finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, dried & roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Add cheeses to a bowl and blend well using a wooden spoon.
- Add capers and basil. Mix together.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Such a delightfully simple recipe! I agree that this is a five-minute recipe. My son was waiting behind me with crackers as I was mixing it together, and it never made it to the refrigerator. Fresh basil is a must!
We enjoyed this dip as a before dinner appetizer. I halved the recipe for the two of us. Easy to make. The fresh basil add a nice touch. Next time I would like to add some garlic and red pepper flakes. Thank you Mischka. Made for Aus Contest #21.
A fantastic combination of flavours. I made this exactly as written, and am having great difficulty getting it into the fridge for an hour. It is too tasty to let out of my sight. Do not under-flavour this -- in Australia 1 1/2 tablespoons equals 6 North American teaspoons. Made and reviewed for Pick a Chef. Thanks Mischka for such a winner!