1/2 Photos of Parmesan Butternut Squash Gratin
1 hr 15 mins
From Betty Crocker's 2007 Thanksgiving publication. Recipe can be made 24 hours ahead of time - stopping after step 4. I made this for Thanksgiving dinner this year and it got rave reviews - even from my carnivorous husband. My squash was big so I made extra topping and used a couple extra Tablespoons butter for drizzling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes stirring frequently - do not let garlic or butter brown.
- 3In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 T. of the butter-garlic mixture.
- 4Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
- 5Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425 and bake 5-10 minutes longer until browned.
- 6Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Butternut Squash Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 278.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g