Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and tasty sidedish.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in rice.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until browned.
- Place rice in a serving dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Pour butter over rice; cover and let stand for 3 minutes then sprinkle with parsley.
Nice pilaf. I used half as much butter though.
This is delicious and OH so simple! It seemed like a lot of butter to us, so I'll likely cut it down a bit next time. Wonderful recipe for a quick sidedish.
Such an easy and tasty rice dish! I did use brown rice and will be making this recipe again soon.