Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are more of a breadstick than a biscuit although I guess you could roll them out and cut them into biscuit shapes. I got this recipe from a Land-O-Lakes cookbook that I received pages from every month. These are great with pasta or soup. A favorite in our house. Very flavorful :-)
- Heat oven to 400'.
- In 9" square baking pan melt butter in oven (3 to 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine remaining ingredients except milk.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth.
- Roll dough into 12x4"rectangle.
- Cut into 12 (1") strips.
- Dip each strip into melted butter; place in same pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Thanks for this! I used oregano instead of basil and added almost a cup of parmesan (I love the stuff!). I also added salt and a sprinkling of other dried herbs. Very tasty, but it definitely has to be served with liquid as they are a bit dry. I will try them as a topping for a stew/hotpot type thing.
really yummy, especially the crispy edges! Next time I'll roll them out more thinly and used 2 pans. Maybe I'll add more parmesan and herbs also as I found them a bit too bland - well, I eat them plain as snack, lol. Thanks for sharing!