Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rich filling dish. I love this with a good roast and gravy.
Make and share this Parmesan Brussels Sprouts With New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes.
- After 10 minutes of boiling time add the brussels sprouts and continue to boil for about 3-5 minutes. Strain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and add the garlic, salt and pepper. Add the vegtables and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add chopped parsley.
- Transfer into serving dish and garnish with parmesan cheese and a bit more salt and pepper.
I usually roast my brussels sprouts, but this was a great combination with the potatoes. I think that the flavor was more mild and would please a wider audience. I used baby Yukon Golds as my potatoes and liked the buttery contrast with the brussels sprouts. The garlicky butter and parmesan cheese make a nice finish for the dish. We paired this with Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce for a great meal.
I have made this twice now and I have finally found a brussels sprouts recipe that my wife will eat uncomplainingly; she actually requested this one tonight to go with some dijon pork cutlets. I cut the butter ingredient by 1/2 and add olive oil if I need a bit more oil for the vegetables to cook (I like them slightly browned).