Nice to serve with lemon roast chicken and maybe a mixed-vegetable medley. Perfect meal for the diabetic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- salt, to taste, if needed
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste, if needed
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups stock or 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh Italian parsley, garnish
- 1Melt butter or margarine in heavy non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Saute shallots, mushrooms and garlic, about 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- 3Stir in scallions and dill.
- 4Saute another 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add rice and saute stirring frquently, until rice begins to crackle.
- 6Add seasoning, if using.
- 7Stir in liquids, increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to low and cover tightly.
- 9Simmer for 45 minutes.(DON'T REMOVE COVER).
- 10Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan until melted.
- 11Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 537.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: