1/1 Photo of Parmesan Broiled Flounder
This easy and delicious recipe is a classic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs flounder fillets or 2 lbs other white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (for a nice twist, try lime juice!)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons good quality mayonnaise (Best Foods, Hellmann's, or Vegenaise)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot sauce, to taste
- 1Place fillets in a single layer on a lightly greased or pan sprayed, shallow oven-to-table type broiler pan. Brush with lemon juice.
- 2In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients to make the cheese topping mixture. Set aside.
- 3Broil fillets 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Time will depend on the thickness of the fillets and temperature of your oven/broiler.).
- 4Remove fillets from oven. Spread with Parmesan topping.
- 5Broil an additional 30 seconds or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly (be careful to watch it, or it can burn).
- 6Garnish with lemon twists and parsley, if desired.
- 7Note: Mushy cooked fish is a result of either 1) overcooking/overheating, or 2) over-marinating (which, science-wise, is another method of partial cooking, depending on the marinade). Since the flounder in the recipe is not marinated, if the fish comes out mushy I suspect the results are the from overcooking. Either the fish was left under the broiler for too long, the temperature of the broiler is too high, or the rack on which the the pan placed under the broiler is too close to the heat.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Broiled Flounder
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.9
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 1112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: