This is an excellent hot appetizer, and a particular favorite of mine to serve with any kind of meatballs. These always go fast once they come out of the oven, and are a good way to sneak in some tasty vegetables.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a sheet pan and spread evenly; Refrigerate.
- When firm, roll mixture into small (1 inch) balls.
- Roll balls in Parmesan cheese.
- To serve: Put frozen broccoli balls in a preheated 350 degree F. oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
These are so good I could make a whole meal of them! They seem like comfort food. DS even tried them and he normally won't eat vegetables. The cheese and the stuffing give them a great taste. I did need some extra parmesan for the rolling step. We will be making this recipe a lot! Thanks.
I got given a bunch(I mean alot!) of fresh broccoli, so I made these to use some up. These are great tasting little treats to nibble on!The Parmesan gives it a nice flavor. Thank you for posting! I halved this recipe!
I was suprised at how delicious these were! Everyone from kids to adults loved them. I screwed up and melted the butter and then had to put the mix in the refrig until it firmed up enough to roll into balls .. it still turned out to be wonderful!