Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Clean, refreshing flavors just meant for a balmy summer evening. From Weber's Big Book of Grilling modified for our taste buds. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
FOR THE COATING
- 118.29 ml fine Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (you may have some extra left over, depending on the size of your scallops.)
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (Use the good stuff)
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 20 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE GARNISH
- 118.29 ml loosley packed fresh Italian parsley
- 29.58 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- Combine the coating ingredients on a plate and mix with your fingers.
- Wash scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place in a small bowl. (Be sure the scallops are very dry or it will make the breading soagy).
- Add the olive oil and mix to coat.
- Dip the scallops in the coating, turning to cover evenly.
- Gently press the crumbs onto the scallops.
- Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumbs.
- Finely chop the parsley and lemon zest and mix together. Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spray a grill tray generously with olive oil.
- Place the scallops on the grill tray 1-2 inches apart and grill over direct medium heat until just opaque in the center, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Treat them gently when turning.
- Remove from the grill, place a little of the garnish onto each scallop and serve warm.
Wonderful and soo tasty! I made these last night and they were so simple. I did add a little red pepper flakes as well to add a little more heat. Definetly would make again.
This is very good. I always enjoy scallops, and have never prepared them like this on the grill. I had to use a fish basket, instead of a grill tray, and it worked wonderfully. Thanks for posting a great recipe! Made for PRMR tag.
These were awsome! My favorite scallop recipe so far.