1/8 Photos of Parmesan Breaded Scallops With Lemon Garnish
Clean, refreshing flavors just meant for a balmy summer evening. From Weber's Big Book of Grilling modified for our taste buds. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE COATING
- 1/2 cup fine Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (you may have some extra left over, depending on the size of your scallops.)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (Use the good stuff)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 20 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE GARNISH
- 2Combine the coating ingredients on a plate and mix with your fingers.
- 3Wash scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle.
- 4Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place in a small bowl. (Be sure the scallops are very dry or it will make the breading soagy).
- 5Add the olive oil and mix to coat.
- 6Dip the scallops in the coating, turning to cover evenly.
- 7Gently press the crumbs onto the scallops.
- 8Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumbs.
- 11Finely chop the parsley and lemon zest and mix together. Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- 12Spray a grill tray generously with olive oil.
- 13Place the scallops on the grill tray 1-2 inches apart and grill over direct medium heat until just opaque in the center, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Treat them gently when turning.
- 14Remove from the grill, place a little of the garnish onto each scallop and serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Breaded Scallops With Lemon Garnish
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 907.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g