Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is for 4 thick-cut pork chops you can double the amounts if desired. This is a very good pork chop recipe that I developed recently! A large electric frypan works perfectly for this! Use a thicker-cut of pork chops for this 1/2 to 3/4-inch thickness. Serve the chops and sauce on top of cooked pasta with a side order of Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast or Savory Parmesan Garlic Bread --- if you like lots of sauce then increase the tomato sauce by 1 cup or a little more.
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 large pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes (undrained, and crushed slightly with fork or clean hands)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl slightly beat the egg.
- Dip the pork chop/s firstly in the egg then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the chops on both sides then remove to a plate.
- Add in more oil if needed to the skillet and add in onions, garlic, green bell pepper, oregano, basil and dryed chili flakes (if using) saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce; mix with a spoon and bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat for about 30-40 minutes (you can cook this for up to 1-1/2 hours if desired before adding in the chops, it only gets richer and thicker the longer the sauce is cooked for!).
- Add in the browned pork chops and cook uncovered over medium-low heat for about another 25 minutes, or until the chops are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on cooked spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.