1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is for 4 thick-cut pork chops you can double the amounts if desired. This is a very good pork chop recipe that I developed recently! A large electric frypan works perfectly for this! Use a thicker-cut of pork chops for this 1/2 to 3/4-inch thickness. Serve the chops and sauce on top of cooked pasta with a side order of Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast or Savory Parmesan Garlic Bread --- if you like lots of sauce then increase the tomato sauce by 1 cup or a little more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 large pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes (undrained, and crushed slightly with fork or clean hands)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a small shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 2In another bowl slightly beat the egg.
- 3Dip the pork chop/s firstly in the egg then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Brown the chops on both sides then remove to a plate.
- 6Add in more oil if needed to the skillet and add in onions, garlic, green bell pepper, oregano, basil and dryed chili flakes (if using) saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add in the tomatoes with juice and tomato sauce; mix with a spoon and bring to a boil and simmer over medium-low heat for about 30-40 minutes (you can cook this for up to 1-1/2 hours if desired before adding in the chops, it only gets richer and thicker the longer the sauce is cooked for!).
- 8Add in the browned pork chops and cook uncovered over medium-low heat for about another 25 minutes, or until the chops are cooked to desired tenderness.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Serve on cooked spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Breaded Pork Chops With Chunky Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 917.8
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 278.0 mg
- Sodium 1466.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 60.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: