Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice and light, yet flavorful chicken dish.
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk; roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray; place chicken in pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake additional 10 minutes or until done.
I am not sure what I did wrong but this chicken didn't turn out right. It was kind of bitter?
Delicious! What a nice combination of spices, made the kitchen smell very inviting. My dh made this for me for mother's day (with some guidance from me) - he needed more bread crumbs, but he did cut the chicken breasts in half before rolling them. Thanks for the post! Reviewed for spring PAC 2007