Recipe by Gloria 15x
Yummy and simple. My favorite way to have lamb chops. They benefit from being breaded one to two hours in advance so the coating dries a bit and better adheres to the meat.
- 8 single-rib lamb chops, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, in a shallow dish
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, in a shallow dish
- 1 cup very fine fresh breadcrumb, in a shallow dish
- 2 cups peanut oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With a meat pounder, gently pound the meat to form an even chop, not to flatten to pancake.
- Place each chop in the cheese, shaking off excess.
- Turn each side of the chop in the beaten egg, shaking off the excess.
- Turn each chop in the bread crumbs, shaking off excess.
- Transfer to a platter.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to moderately high heat. Cook chops until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain briefly on paper towels.
- Transfer to warmed dinner plates and serve immediately.