Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy to make chicken that everyone loves. My mom made this at least once a week growing up and I'm still not tired of it. It is also great to make for guests.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Mix dry ingredients (bread crumbs through pepper).
- Dip chicken breasts in melted butter then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet or casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour lemon over the chicken then remaining butter.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Very good...I like to sautee garlic and put it into the butter to dip my chicken breasts. I also cut the chicken breasts in half and pound them flat. Then I dip them in the garlic/butter mixture and dredge in the bread crumb mixture and roll them up, fastening with toothpicks. This takes a little more time but adds to an already great recipe!
I was looking for a simple recipe for chicken and this one fit the bill. I used Italian breadcrumbs which meant I didn't need to add parsley, salt or pepper. I just added the cheese and lemon juice and it was perfect.