2 hrs 35 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 packages active dry yeast (4-1/2 tsp)
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 3 3/4-4 cups all-purpose flour
For glazing bread
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- 2Stir in nonfat dry milk, 1.
- 3cup cheese, whole egg, oil, sugar, salt, ground red pepper and 3 cups.
- 4of the flour.
- 5Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- 6Gradually stir in enough.
- 7of the remaining flour until the dough pulls away from the side of.
- 8the bowl.
- 9Turn onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes,.
- 10adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough is smooth and.
- 11elastic and only slightly sticky.
- 12(Alternatively, the dough can be. mixed and kneaded in a stand up electric mixer fitted with a dough. hook.) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to coat, and.
- 13cover with plastic wrap.
- 14Let rise in a warm place until doubled in.
- 15volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 16Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a floured work surface;.
- 17divide it in half and shape each half into a ball.
- 18Place balls on an.
- 19oiled baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise.
- 20until doubled, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 21Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 22Brush the risen loaves with.
- 23beaten egg white.
- 24With a sharp knife, make three 1/2 inch deep.
- 25slashes in each loaf.
- 26Sprinkle loaves with the remaining 1 tablespoon.
- 28Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow.
- 29when tapped on the bottom.
- 30Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1079 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1368.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 2835.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 209.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 66.6 g