Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a wonderful, tasty bread. You can start in the bread machine and finish in the oven or continue in the bread machine for a great loaf of bread!
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 large egg
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Combine all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Process in regular bake cycle.
- Remove from baking pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 1-1/2 lb loaf.
This bread had a really unique flavor that goes great with pasta. I eliminated the regular salt and used 1 tsp of garlic salt instead. This recipe has ingredients in odd measurement amounts, especially the 2/3 of an egg--I used a whole egg, which may have caused the problem I had with my bread sinking in the middle. Even though the flavor is superb and I will try this bread again.