Recipe by A la Carte
I made this up for dinner last night and dh was raving about it. It was very easy to throw together, and a tasty treat for a midweek meal! It's great for low carb, or you could serve it with rice or even over pasta.
Top Review by breezermom
I really enjoyed the pepper and onion sauce with the sour cream and feta. I think next time I'd mix some bread crumbs in with the parmesan and maybe add a little garlic. This turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing.
For the onions and peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
For the pork
- 6 thin cut boneless pork chops
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 medium sized eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon spanish paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 T olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 2 T of oil for the onions and peppers in a large frying pan. Over medium heat add the onions and peppers and sauté until well wilted and a little browned, stirring often. Add the feta and sour cream and stir well to combine. Let simmer until you are done cooking the meat.
- Beat the eggs in a large flat bowl. Mix the Parmesan cheese with the chili powder, paprika, and dried thyme in another large flat bowl. Dip each pork chop in the egg (let the egg drip back into the bowl), and then turn in the cheese mixture to coat. Meanwhile heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan. When finished dredging the meat, lay it in the frying pan and cook on medium low heat for about 6 minutes, until the meat is browned. Turn and cook 5 more minutes until browned on the other side of the pork, remove to a clean plate.
- Serve the meat over the onions and peppers.