1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Az B's Note:
From Canadian Living Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, whisk together flour, all but 1 tbsp of the cheese, baking powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne.
- 2Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles course meal.
- 3In separate bowl, whisk eggs with all but 2 tsp of the cream; stir into flour mixture to form smooth dough.
- 4Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into 10 inch log.
- 5Place logs, 2 inches apart, on parchment lined baking sheet; press to flatten slightly.
- 6Brush with remaining cream; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 7Bake in 350F oven until ligh golden and just firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- 8Transfer logs to cutting board. Using chef's knife, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Stand slices up, 1/2 inch apart, on baking sheets.
- 9Bake in 350F oven until almost dry, about 35 minutes. Transfer to racks. Let cool.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g