Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Canadian Living Magazine
Make and share this Parmesan Black Pepper Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold salted butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 10% cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- In bowl, whisk together flour, all but 1 tbsp of the cheese, baking powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne.
- Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles course meal.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs with all but 2 tsp of the cream; stir into flour mixture to form smooth dough.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into 10 inch log.
- Place logs, 2 inches apart, on parchment lined baking sheet; press to flatten slightly.
- Brush with remaining cream; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350F oven until ligh golden and just firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- Transfer logs to cutting board. Using chef's knife, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Stand slices up, 1/2 inch apart, on baking sheets.
- Bake in 350F oven until almost dry, about 35 minutes. Transfer to racks. Let cool.