Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, easy, tasty way to make black eyed peas. Use black eyed peas with jalapenos if you want it spicy. Easy and yummy!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peas and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir to coat.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and parsley.
These black-eyed peas were a nice change of pace. I just used plain peas and they were missing some oomph. I have not seen peas with jalapenos, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed these with more spice. Made for PAC Spring 2010