Recipe by **Jubes**
These are a very easy savoury biscuit to make. A couple of suggestions for toppings are some ricotta and 1/2 cherry tomato or a little sour cream and smoked salmon. Great to serve as an appetizer. As there is no flour they are also gluten free
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. These were very good and excellent with tomato based soups. It's nice to have recipes that are already gluten free. I will be making these again. Thanks for posting this Julie!
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, ensure gluten-free
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190C (375F).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, gum, salt, parmesan cheese, egg and oil together.
- slowly add the milk to make a soft dough (you may not need to use all of the milk).
- Shape the dough into a ball. Dust a flat surface lightly with gluten free flour and roll out the dough until 1 cm thick (1/2 inch).
- Cut into rounds to make biscuits. Carefully place onto a paper lined baking tray and brush tops with a little extra milk.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on the trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve cold or warm. The biscuits can be reheated in the oven if desired.