Recipe by Tisme
Great recipe and a little different to serve with drinks. I have listed cooking time as chilling time.
Top Review by bbandlb
Wow - I was looking for a quick and simple recipe for biscuits because I really hadn't planned to make any and this recipe was fabulous! <br/><br/>Instructions were well written and the end result was that my spouse loved, absolutely loved them! Thanks so much - MMR
- 100 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- fennel seed
- cayenne pepper
- poppy seeds (own preference) or caraway seeds (own preference) or cumin seed (own preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter, flour, mustard and cheese into a food processor and pulse/blend until the mix clumps into a dough.
- Remove the dough and form into a log/sausage shape about 3cm wide &.
- wrap the dough in cling wrap, twist the ends and refrigerate/freeze until firm.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut the log into thin slices and arrange on tray.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a little cold water and brush over the tops of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the bisuits with desired amounts/variety of seeds, cayenne and or a little paprika. (This is your own preference).
- Bake biscuits for 4-5 minutes until golden brown in colour. (Baking time, will depend on the thickness of the biscuits.).
- Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and cool.
- When cool store biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for about 1 week.