Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great recipe and a little different to serve with drinks. I have listed cooking time as chilling time.
- 100 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- fennel seed
- cayenne pepper
- poppy seeds (own preference) or caraway seeds (own preference) or cumin seed (own preference)
- Put the butter, flour, mustard and cheese into a food processor and pulse/blend until the mix clumps into a dough.
- Remove the dough and form into a log/sausage shape about 3cm wide &.
- wrap the dough in cling wrap, twist the ends and refrigerate/freeze until firm.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut the log into thin slices and arrange on tray.
- Whisk the egg yolk with a little cold water and brush over the tops of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle the bisuits with desired amounts/variety of seeds, cayenne and or a little paprika. (This is your own preference).
- Bake biscuits for 4-5 minutes until golden brown in colour. (Baking time, will depend on the thickness of the biscuits.).
- Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and cool.
- When cool store biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Wow - I was looking for a quick and simple recipe for biscuits because I really hadn't planned to make any and this recipe was fabulous! <br/><br/>Instructions were well written and the end result was that my spouse loved, absolutely loved them! Thanks so much - MMR
I have had these delicious little biscuits in my cookbook for ages and was planning to make them for a Christmas party. Life got busy and I didn't get them made. How silly was I?!!! They are SO EASY with really just 3 ingredients and a little flavouring and an egg to glaze (which I now remember I forgot lol). I added a pinch of cayenne into the mix and sprinkled the biscuits with caraway seed (cheese and caraway are one of my favourite pairings). These are going next door for drinks, but Russ and I have already eaten a few each!