Recipe by Caroline Cooks
A tip of the chef hat to Kittencal for her Parmesan Meatball recipe, which forms the base for this recipe. I dearly love to tweet! THX, KITTEN!
Top Review by gene bean
Thanks Caroline! This has become the most requested dish around here. I've made it with just ground beef when I didn't have pork and it still came out great.The one change that I made was I cook the rice (not all the way). Sometimes I double the recipe and put half the meat mix in the freezer for the next time we want peppers,this works out great.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4-1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 4 green peppers, cut in halves, lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 14 ingredients(ground beef-onion) in large bowl.
- Stuff meat mixture into green pepper halves; mounding to use all.
- Top with 1 tablespoons ketchup per pepper.
- Place peppers in baking dish.
- Combine sauce mixture in small bowl and pour around peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes until meat is completely cooked.
- Uncover; spoon sauce over peppers, if desired, and bake an additional 5-8 minutes.