1/1 Photo of Parmesan Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A tip of the chef hat to Kittencal for her Parmesan Meatball recipe, which forms the base for this recipe. I dearly love to tweet! THX, KITTEN!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) or 1/4 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4-1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 4 green peppers, cut in halves, lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine first 14 ingredients(ground beef-onion) in large bowl.
- 3Stuff meat mixture into green pepper halves; mounding to use all.
- 4Top with 1 tablespoons ketchup per pepper.
- 5Place peppers in baking dish.
- 6Combine sauce mixture in small bowl and pour around peppers.
- 7Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes until meat is completely cooked.
- 8Uncover; spoon sauce over peppers, if desired, and bake an additional 5-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 1130.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce