1/1 Photo of Parmesan Beef Braciole
2 hrs 20 mins
Larry E Vaughn's Note:
Pretty dish to serve. The tomato, basil and parmesan cheese combine to make a delicious flavor base for inexpensive beef steak. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, pounded very thin
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ground breadcrumbs or 1 1/2 cups ground crackers
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil
- kitchen twine
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In food processor mix the bread or cracker crumbs, cheese, eggs, herbs and garlic until it forms a paste.
- 3Brush the pounded flank steak with vegetable oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread the paste evenly over the meat.
- 5Roll the pounded meat tightly and tie with kitchen twine.
- 6Sear all sides of the meat in a hot skillet or sauté pan.
- 7Pour tomato sauce or paste in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- 8Add seared meat to the tomato sauce or paste.
- 9Cover with a tinfoil tent (do not let tinfoil touch the meat).
- 10Braise for 1 hour (add 1 hour, if needed for more tenderness).
- 11Remove from heat, uncover, and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- 12Slice the hot braciole into 1 1/2 inch portions.
- 13Place parmesan crisp in each serving dish.
- 14Place a spoonful of tomato sauce on parmesan crisp, top with a braciole round and and more tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Beef Braciole
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 726.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 18.7 g