Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Pretty to serve, and tastes really good.
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, in 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Saute peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add beans, basil, and salt; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on med for 8 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, mix well.
I have been making this for quite some time now. I'm not too sure where I found the recipe, but it has been quite a hit. I use a little extra cheese and extra garlic. I've also added yellow and orange peppers.
Although the beans turned out quite crunchy (and even a bit charred!) and gave my jaws a pretty good workout, I really liked this! I used yellow peppers and I might add some more next time. The parmesan cheese adds a very subtle flavour, as does the basil. Thanks for a good recipe, MizzNezz.
A nice twist to green beans. I used frozen haricots verts because fresh green beans are either tough or overcooked. I added more veggies and cheese than called for.