Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
A quick and easy summer supper when green beans are in season.
- 4 quarts salt water
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut in 1- inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 lb Canadian bacon, julienned sliced
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat half-and-half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil.
- While water heats, steam beans until they are tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saute pan and saute Canadian bacon until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans and toss to coat.
- Keep warm.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well and toss with beans and bacon in a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan cheese and cream to hot pasta and toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Superb! A couple of changes - used chicken as well, and used creme fraiche instead of cream (oh, and fried up some onion and garlic too). Very successful!