Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Neil Perry, a slight variation to your normal parmesan chicken that does not use bread crumbs. Simple and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 chicken breasts, beaten out to 1/2cm thickness
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon, to serve
- Make a batter from the beaten egg, parmesan and freshly ground pepper.
- Coat the chicken lightly with the flour then dip in the batter.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and pan fry chicken on a medium heat until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve with lemon, salt and freshly ground pepper.