I got this great idea from a magazine my friend got. She told me the basics, I went home and gave it a try. It worked out beautifully. I can only imagine how beautiful the presentation would be using these as salad shells. They have a lacy, delicate look to them.
- 1 cup inexpensive shredded parmesan cheese (more or less, depending on how many baskets you want to make)
- 1 drinking glass
- Heat a 10" skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle cheese (I just used what seemed to look right, didn't really measure) into a disk shape in pan, using less cheese around the edges (helps produce the lacy look).
- Allow cheese to get slightly golden underneath, then carefully remove it using a spatula.
- Quickly drape cheese disk, golden side up, over an upside-down glass and form into a bowl.
- Allow to cool completely.
- This produces one basket.
- Repeat instructions until you have the number of baskets needed.