Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are lovely savory scones, a perfect addition to a meal of a hearty soup and/or a salad.
Make and share this Parmesan, Basil, & Sun-Dried Tomato Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (use high-quality parmesan-reggiano)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (drained of olive oil and coarsely chopped)
- 10 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly butter a 10"-diameter circle in the center of a baking sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together the flour, cheese, baking powder, basil, and salt.
- Cut the butter into 1/2" cubes and distribute them over the flour mixture. With a pastry blender (or two knives), cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk, eggs, and hot pepper sauce.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the pine nuts. (Dough will be sticky.).
- With lightly floured hands, pat the dough into a 9" diameter circle in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining two tablespoons of pine nuts, and gently press them into the dough.
- With a serrated knife, cut the dough into 8 wedges. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- When scones are finished baking, remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack for five minutes. Serve warm (or cool completely and store in airtight container, or even freeze).