Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe that was in the 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook that I've played around with. These are good leftover toasted.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 44.37 ml chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 78.07 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil
- 118.29 ml low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 14.79 ml finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon dough evenly into 8 mounds on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray (I used a butter flavored spray) and sprinkle with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Nimz- if I could do 10 stars I would! Thjese are great! So easy to put together and fast out of te oven. I scaled the recipe to 1/2 asthere is only DH and I. Perfection! Each bite gave you a bit of the "mmmm mmmmm's" DH is not a huge bread eater and he gobbled 2 of them. Great testament to your recipe. Tonight I am going to try this recipe with cheddar cheese.
These were the best biscuits I have tried yet......very light and fluffy! I will definitely make these again, thanks for posting!
Oh My GOSH!!!! These were incredible. I made them almost exactly as written (only used 1/2 tsp dried basil). It was so good. I ate half the batch before they could even cool last night. I coudn't ask for an easier, tastier recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!