This is another recipe that was in the 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook that I've played around with. These are good leftover toasted.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon dough evenly into 8 mounds on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray (I used a butter flavored spray) and sprinkle with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.