1/5 Photos of Parmesan-Basil Biscuits
This is another recipe that was in the 2008 Weight Watchers cookbook that I've played around with. These are good leftover toasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and basil.
- 5Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
- 6Spoon dough evenly into 8 mounds on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 7Lightly coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray (I used a butter flavored spray) and sprinkle with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan-Basil Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g