Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice touch to your next tossed salad!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese, finely grated (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then whisk together with vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parmesan, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended.
- Makes about 2/3 cup.
Was delicious!!!! I used it for a raw veggie side dish (tomatoes, peppers, cucs). I did add like maybe a tsp of brown sugar to help cut the acidity, and i threw in about half of one chopped shallot. :-) Was VERY tasty! Oh, and I used dried basil, I eye balled it. Would definitely make this again!
This is REALLY good--it's very flavorful, very fresh tasting, and very Italian! It's the kind of vinaigrette that might be served in a little out-of-the-way Italian restaurant (one that all of the locals know and love!)--on a simple green salad, with soft fragrant breadsticks on the side! Ahhh...!! I even replaced the fresh basil with the dried variety (that's all I had), and it was still really fresh tasting! Thanks for a great recipe Bev!!
I really enjoyed the flavor of this on romaine lettuce. Loved the fresh basil. Thanks Bev!