Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A crispy baked trout, served on a noodle base, dressed with asparagus
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 500 g trout fillets
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (100 g) bag Asian noodles
- 2 pieces asparagus
- In a small bowl mix flour, cornflour, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Pour the melted butter into a shallow baking dish.
- Dredge the trout in the flour mixture and place in the baking dish, turning each piece over to coat both sides with butter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 15-20 minutes or until trout flakes easily with a fork.
- Boil noodles till soft and place on centre of plate. Boil asparagus in saltwater for approximately 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve trout on top of noodles dressed with the asparagus, drizzle the butter over the top to complete.