Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Combine garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Sprinkle over both sides of pork chops.
- Brown pork chops in oil heated at medium-high in large skillet.
- Place pork chops in a 2 qt (2 L) shallow baking dish.
- In same skillet, combine soup and water; bring to a boil.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Sprinkle with mixture of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake covered, in preheated 350° F (180° C) oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This is an awesome recipe. It makes the most tender and flovorful pork chops that I have ever tasted. I too used olive oil instead of the vegetable oil and served it over brown rice. This has gone into our favorite recipes.
This was an excellent recipe. I didn't have any Italian seasoning, so I just sprinkled on some basil and oregano along with the garlic powder. The second time I made this I used cream of mushroom soup and it was even better! It goes great with wild rice. Thank you for one of our new favorites!
Very delicious pork chops!! I didn't have regular parmesan cheese so I used the kind you put on spaghetti and it turned out great!! I'm so glad I ran across Recipezaar!!