Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. I can't wait to eat them. Living in Napa, I often find it interesting as to what people consider to be "napa fare"
- 5 russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel potatoes and cut into half-inch thick slices (lengthwise)
- Cut again into 1/2-inch thick fries.
- Place the potatoes into a pot with cold water and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring up to a gentle boil and simmer until a paring knife tip goes through easily. Cooked about 3/4 of the way through.
- Drain carefully and put in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake until light brown.
- When brown, sprinkle with Parmesan and continue to bake until well-browned and crispy and the20 cheese is melted and caramelized, about 6 to 7 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes.
These were so good - we didn't even need ketchup for our fries! The cheese really caramelizes for a nice coating that is so flavorful. These are so easy to do too! If you don't have a nonstick baking sheet, please remember to use nonstick cooking spray. You don't want to leave any of these potatoes behind on the baking sheet! Made for Fall PAC 2011.