Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is what happens when you don't have all the ingredients for a 'family' recipe and you start experimenting: crisp fresh English peas sauteed in butter, then simmered with a bit of beef stock, dried onions, and crumbled bacon, then tossed with toasty bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese makes for an unusual and tasty summer side dish!
- 473.18 ml English peas (fresh or frozen)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml dried onion
- 59.14 ml bacon, crumbled
- 78.07 ml beef stock
- 78.07 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly cracked
- Toss fresh peas (or thawed frozen) into medium heat non stick pan.
- Add butter and sautee lightly for 1-2 minutes, until peas are hot.
- Add dried onions, beef stock, and bacon.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peas are 'dry'.
- Toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese just before serving to maintain crispiness.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.