Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is what happens when you don't have all the ingredients for a 'family' recipe and you start experimenting: crisp fresh English peas sauteed in butter, then simmered with a bit of beef stock, dried onions, and crumbled bacon, then tossed with toasty bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese makes for an unusual and tasty summer side dish!
- Toss fresh peas (or thawed frozen) into medium heat non stick pan.
- Add butter and sautee lightly for 1-2 minutes, until peas are hot.
- Add dried onions, beef stock, and bacon.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peas are 'dry'.
- Toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese just before serving to maintain crispiness.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.