Recipe by Jewelies
Baby carrots with a crunchy Parmesan crust
Top Review by Michelle_My_Belle
i found these to be a wonderful twist on a normally bland side dish. I followed the recipe as close as possible once i converted it over to us (17 2/3 oz carrots is hard to pinpoint lol) i served them on the side of Recipe #229845 and oddly enough the whole meal went very well together, id like to try this with canned carrots to make it a bit easier next time, i think it would work :D lol but overall a great pick and minus the chili flakes id say a good kid pleaser also
- 500 g baby carrots, peeled
- 250 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 ml vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the carrot tops, leaving a little stalk.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and dry on a paper towel.
- Combine crumbs, zest, chili, parsley and Parmesan and seasonings.
- Place flour and eggs in separate bowls.
- Roll the carrots first in flour, then in egg and cover in crumbs.
- Fry the carrots in hot oil for 1-2 minutes until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.