Parmesan Asparagus Prosciutto Roll-Ups W/Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In microwave-safe dish or pie plate, microwave butter until melted. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of the parsley. In shallow dish, place flour. Coat breasts first with flour, then with butter, then with the parmesan breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place one slice prosciutto atop each chicken breast, lay 3 asparagus spears crosswise on short end of each breast; roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch glass or metal baking pan, leaving space between rolls. Press remaining crumb mixture onto rolls; drizzle any butter leftover from coating chicken over the rolls (see cooking tip). Bake for 30 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside and the coating is golden brown. Let stand 10 minute.
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Sauce: Meanwhile, whisk flour into milk. Gradually stir milk mixture into small saucepan. Over medium heat simmer, whisking often, for about 5 min or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; add smoked gouda cheese and pepper. Stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 slices, fan pieces on dinner plate; drizzle with 2 tbsp gouda cheese sauce. Sprinkle with remaining finely chopped parsley. Serve with additional sauce.
- Chicken Tip: To flatten chicken breasts: Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound with rolling pin or mallet to about 1/4 to 1/8-inch (5 to 3 mm) thick.
- Asparagus Tip: To blanch asparagus, plunge spears into boiling water for 1 min; drain and quickly plunge into ice water or cold running water. Pat dry.