Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was found in one of those Pillsbury booklets--Easy Meals for 2. It is very colorful and makes a delicious veggie. It is cooked on a contact grill (George Foreman) and can be easily varied. We really enjoyed it.
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1⁄2 medium red bell peppers or 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1⁄4 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette or 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat closed contact grill for 5 minutes.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the asparagus, bell pepper, onion and dressing; coating well.
- When the grill is heated, place half the vegetables crosswise on bottom of grill.
- Close grill and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place the vegetables in a serving dish and top with cheese.
- Repeat process with remaining vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
I don't have a contact grill so I baked the vegys in the oven and it turned out pretty good. It was colorful & tasty, thanks for sharing.
Delicious, delicious! I used my Creamy Italian dressing#117745 and lots of black pepper, We loved this made on the grill! Thank you Paula!...Kitten:)
I've been on an "asparagus kick" this week. I pan-roasted these and used a homemade balsamic dressing (honey, mustard) and it went great with the asparagus! Thanks so much Paula. Roxygirl