Recipe by Barb in WNY
A simple recipe for asparagus.
Top Review by breezermom
This is very good! Normally I don't like to cover up my asparagus with sauces....I love the asparagus flavor on its own. But this turned out really well. I also loved that I could finish it in the oven and this allowed me to plate everything else. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb asparagus, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Stir in flour to make a paste. Gradually add chicken broth and milk. While stirring, cook until mixture thickens. Stir in Cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Place cooked asparagus in an oven proof baking plate. Pour cheese sauce over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Place under broiler, and broil until surface is lightly browned.