Recipe by Aleigha Nicole
I found this recipe off the pack of a pamersan cheese packet. You could also try substituting the chicken for fish OR adding some chilli flakes for some extra heat.
- 600 g chicken breast fillets (3 to 4peices , cut in half or 3 if larger in size)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 eggs (lightly Beaten)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave (or flat leave parsley)
- capsicum, salad
- 2 red capsicums (halved)
- 70 g baby rocket
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (395F) or 180C (355F) Fan force.
- Place out three bowls. Fill the first bowl the flour and salt & peper.
- The second bowl with the eggs.
- And the third bowl with the breadcrumbs, Parmesan Cheese and thyme.
- Peice by peice Dust chicken in the flour, Dip into Egg mixture and then thoughroly coat with the breadcrumb mix.
- And refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For Salad: Place Capsicums cut side down on paper-lined oven tray and bake for 20 mins until blackened.
- Place in plastic bag, cool slightly then, peel and cut into strips & combine gently with rocket
- Mix vinegar, sugar and oil together and dress salad just before serving.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 15 mins, or until cooked through, turning halfway through cooking. Serve with salad.