Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Regular old Parmesean breaded chicken gets a makeover with red pepper and pine nuts. You'll be amazed at the delicious flavor and wonderful texture the nuts add to the breading.
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place first 6 ingredients in food processor, process until nuts are chopped finely. Pour mixture onto a plate.
- Coat chicken in Egg Beaters and dredge in bread crumb mixture
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with jarred pesto sauce or heated marinara sauce.
This meal was fantastic. I used boneless thigh fillets pounded to a thickness of about 1/2" instead of breasts with great results. I also sprinkled with Parmesan when I put them into the oven.