Recipe by mdosborne26
Regular old Parmesean breaded chicken gets a makeover with red pepper and pine nuts. You'll be amazed at the delicious flavor and wonderful texture the nuts add to the breading.
Top Review by Larry
This meal was fantastic. I used boneless thigh fillets pounded to a thickness of about 1/2" instead of breasts with great results. I also sprinkled with Parmesan when I put them into the oven.
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 6 ingredients in food processor, process until nuts are chopped finely. Pour mixture onto a plate.
- Coat chicken in Egg Beaters and dredge in bread crumb mixture
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with jarred pesto sauce or heated marinara sauce.