1/4 Photos of Parmesan and Garlic Breadsticks
These are really good and easy to prepare. They have a nice crisp crust and we loved the addition of the garlic salt on top. You can make these any size you want, from thin to larger. Just adjust the cook time. From TOH made my way. Cook time does not include the time it takes for the dough to rise. The amount of servings depends on how large you make the breadsticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided and melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic (McCormick)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 1/2-5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, for sprinkling on tops (to taste)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and let it sit until bubbly, about 7-8 minutes.
- 2Add the milk, sugar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, 3 tablespoons butter, salt, and 2 cups flour.
- 3Beat until smooth.
- 4Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Knead with bread hook for 7-8 minutes adding additional flour as needed.
- 6Turn onto a floured surface and knead about 10-15 times.
- 7Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 9Punch the dough down and let it rest a couple of minutes.
- 10For thin bread sticks, divide into 36 pieces.
- 11(This is very versatile here. You can make them as small or as large as you want. I cut mine into 18 pieces for a larger breadstick).
- 12Shape each piece into a 6 inch rope.
- 13Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 14Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25-35 minutes.
- 15Melt remaining butter and brush over the dough.
- 16Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- 17Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 18Remove from pans to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan and Garlic Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 64.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning