Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe....tastes great and it is so quick and easy to make! Plus it goes with a wide range of meats, making it a great weeknight side dish. This is from the cookbook "June Fete Fare".
- 354.88 ml orzo pasta, uncooked
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml plus 2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienne-sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil sprig
- Saute the orzo in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until golden. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, julienned-sliced basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Oh my! This is excellent! Served with hot dogs as a practice for when our DGD comes this summer - this was like a fancy, schmancy mac & cheese - wink, wink! So easy, so tasty. Thanks, Breezer. Hope things are starting to get better for you!
Very good side dish that was pleasing to everyone's palet. Easy peasy which will now be a part of my regular repertoire. I tasted it before adding the basil and parmesan and even then it was fabulous, but basil and parmesan added another dimension of flavor. Thank you breezermom for sharing. Made it for PRMR.
What a wonderful dish...we loved it...so easy to prepare...I served it with salmon and broccoli...it's a keeper...=)